I’ve been writing this blog for a good number of months now, and I thought I’d share my well-defined, highly deterministic process for writing great posts.
- Come up with a great idea
- Start writing
- Realize that I’m writing about something completely different
- Try to get back to my original idea
- Eventually accept the fact that what I’m actually writing about is much more interesting (to me) than my original idea
- Throw away my intro and summary, tidy things up, and publish
Heh, that is an amusing process, but probably shared.
like writing code, what you start out with isn’t always what you end up with.